Virtual Tourism

Virtual tourism, google maps mashup, google video

What's interesting around here?

Google have created an excellent mapplet that finds the location that you have centred on in Google Maps and finds interesting content created by others for that area.

I centred on my home in East London and immediately found 'Lower Lea Valley: An internet map introducing Jim Clifford's PhD Dissertation Project'. It probably wouldn't be of any interest to you but taught me some fascinating local history that I was completely unaware of. Of course using Google's new embed option you can check out the map for yourself:


View Larger Map

There I told you you wouldn't be interested. However add the Browse Popular Maps mapplet and search for maps people have created around your home and I bet you find some gems.

Google LatLong: What's interesting around here?