George Square is the central square in the Scottish city of Glasgow. Today the east side of the square is dominated by the ornate Glasgow City Chambers, headquarters of Glasgow City Council, which opened in 1888.
On the South side are a number of buildings, including the former General Post Office, built in 1878 and currently under redevelopment, a Chicago-style office building, dating from 1924 and there is also the city's main Tourist Information Centre. The North side consists of Queen Street Station, the North British Railway Hotel (now the Millennium Hotel), which date from the 1840s, and the offices of Ernst & Young, which date from the 1970s.
View a video of George Square on Google Maps