Virtual Tourism

Virtual tourism, google maps mashup, google video

Google Earth Podcast Map

The Google Maps API Blog had a post today about embedding Flash in Google Earth 4.2. We have of course been embedding Flash in our Video Map layer for Google Earth but the post reminded me of a podcast map we created a long time ago for Google Maps. I seem to have deleted all copies of that map but I did think I'd have a go at seeing if I could create a Google Earth layer of playable podcasts, using a Flash player.

Here is the resulting Podcast layer for Google Earth. At the moment there are only six podcasts on it. I think it could be an area worth developing, especially if I can find podcasts that actually reflect the music of their location.

Both the Video Map layer and the Podcast layer require Google Earth 4.2. If you don't have the latest version of Google Earth you can download it by clicking on the Google Pack advert at the bottom of the column on the left.

Official Google Maps API Blog: Make your KML Flash-y!