Virtual Tourism

Virtual tourism, google maps mashup, google video

New Streetviews Has Some High Definition Imagery

Streetviewr found this image of some idiots protesting outside a Planned Parenthood clinic.


View Larger Map

After I got over the shock that these people haven't got better things to protest about I noticed that the image was higher definition than all the other images I'd seen in this week's streetview update. If you move in either of the three directions from this shot the images become lower definition again.

At first I thought that Google obviously wanted these people to be named and shamed over the Internet. However I soon realised if you move to any of the junctions of two roads in this area the streetview becomes higher definition just at the junction.

I can't understand why Google would only show the junctions in high definition.