Virtual Tourism

Virtual tourism, google maps mashup, google video

Streetview Example

I've been working on the new streetview feature of the Google Maps API. I've worked out how to create links that will open streetviews at a specified location.

What I now need to work out is how to set the direction and the elevation of the streetview. I've now worked out how to set the direction and the elevation of the streetview from the link (OK - genius Mike Williams of the Google Maps API Tutorial worked it out for me). All I need to do now is create hundreds of links to interesting streetviews. Luckily I know a handy source - Street Viewer.

View the example Streetview Map

And while we are on Google Maps Streetview the Boston Herald found this topless streetview of Boston City Councilor Sal LaMattina.