Where in the world is ... Answers
Here are Google's answers to their latest Where in the world .. quiz. As you can see from my guesses on the post below I was way off with many of my answers.
1) Founded in 1608, this former British possession has a decidedly French flair.
2) Once the seat of great political power, this red fortress is now a major tourist attraction.
3) Now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this city was lost to the world for 1700 years.
4) Passing by a famous golf course and luxurious mansions, this stretch of road is a tourist attraction in its own right.
5) Legend has it that Hercules founded this major European city.
--Rome & Vatican City
8) This city hosted General MacArthur's South West Pacific Headquarters during WWII.
9) Some of my Googler co-workers can enjoy the views from this very tall building.
Here is a more detailed list of locations in Google Earth that have had an image update:
- USA: San Diego, San Francisco metro area, Wenatchee (WA), New Mexico.
- Canada: Quebec, New Westminster (BC).
- England: Bristol
- Spain: Barcelona, Costa del Sol, Granada, Murcia, Valencia, Cuenca, Toledo, Caceres, Zaragoza.
- Portugal: Braga, new base imagery for entire country
- Italy: Rome, Naples
- Germany: Freidburg, Munich
Asia & Oceania:
- Australia: Brisbane, Great Barrier Reef
- Taiwan: Taipei, Taichung