The Convent of the Order of Christ, in Tomar, Portugal, was originally a Templar stronghold built in the 12th century. After the Order of the Knights Templar was dissolved in the 14th century, the Portuguese branch of the order was turned into the Knights of the Order of Christ, which supported Portugal's maritime discoveries of the 15th century.
The Convent of Christ of Tomar is one of Portugal's most important historical and artistic monuments and has been on the World Heritage list of UNESCO since 1983. The castle of the Knights Templar of Tomar was built by Gualdim Pais, provincial Master of the Order of the Temple, around 1160. Later in that century, the castle was chosen as the headquarters of the order in Portugal.
View a video of Convento De Christo Monastery on Google Maps