Here are Google's answers to their latest Where in the world .. quiz. As you can see from my guesses on the post below I was way off with many of my answers.
1) Founded in 1608, this former British possession has a decidedly French flair.--Quebec
2) Once the seat of great political power, this red fortress is now a major tourist attraction.
3) Now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this city was lost to the world for 1700 years.
4) Passing by a famous golf course and luxurious mansions, this stretch of road is a tourist attraction in its own right.
--17 Mile Drive, Pebble Beach (California)
5) Legend has it that Hercules founded this major European city.
6) This city within a city plays host to an Opera House, Planetarium, Science Museum, Oceanographic Park, and beautiful gardens.
--City of Arts & Sciences, Valencia (Spain)
7) When we updated imagery of this city, we got complete coverage of another country with it.
--Rome & Vatican City
8) This city hosted General MacArthur's South West Pacific Headquarters during WWII.
9) Some of my Googler co-workers can enjoy the views from this very tall building.
--Taipei 101, Taipei
Here is a more detailed list of locations in Google Earth that have had an image update:
Updated Imagery: Americas:- USA:
San Diego, San Francisco metro area, Wenatchee (WA), New Mexico.
- Canada: Quebec, New Westminster (BC).Europe, Middle East & Africa:
- England: Bristol
- Spain: Barcelona, Costa del Sol, Granada, Murcia, Valencia, Cuenca, Toledo, Caceres, Zaragoza.
- Portugal: Braga, new base imagery for entire country
- Italy: Rome, Naples
- Germany: Freidburg, Munich
Asia & Oceania:
- Australia: Brisbane, Great Barrier Reef
- Taiwan: Taipei, Taichung