The Hungarian State Opera House is a neo-Renaissance opera house located in central Pest, (a part of Budapest).
Designed by Miklos Ybl, a major figure of 19th century Hungarian architecture, the construction lasted from 1875 to 1884 and was funded by the city of Budapest and by Emperor Franz Joseph of Austria-Hungary. The Hungarian Royal Opera House (as it was known then) opened to the public on the September 27, 1884.
It is a richly-decorated building and is considered one of the architect's masterpieces. It was built in neo-Renaissance style, with elements of baroque.
View a video of the Hungarian State Opera House on Google Maps